Originally Posted By: ewest
Its way to cold for crappie to be near spawning !!

What is your question and I will try to find a peer reviewed answer?

Crappie in lakes spawn in 20 ft +- feet of water near brush if possible. I have some info on crappie spawning.

Eric I would love to pick your brain about BCP. As you know I have a 5 ac pond with over an ac of flooded timber and brush ( yaupon) and other brushy trees that was flooded in the creek bottom. So thick that you can’t hardly paddle a small boat in there. The main body is 13-15’ deep with some stumps with root ball. We going on 5 years after crappie were stocked . They spawned the first year but after that haven’t seen much sign of any future spawns. I have LMB, BC,CC,CNBG GSH and a few threadfin. The first year the crappie grew to 12” and caught a few of them ( released). Since then they seem to be about 8-10” long and holding. Have never caught any small crappie. My question is : are the crappie spawning and none are surviving or what the deal is. Also have tons of 8”-10”LMB that work the open water over (I catch them). From what I read in old threads here that yoy BCP move to open water and not brush..... I’m confused as to what actually doe happen.