I'm no expert by a long shot here, Augie, but I can say that it takes some time (a couple of years or more) for a pond to settle into itself. We all know that a pond never stops changing...It starts off very unstable, levels off, for the most part, for most of its middle life, then degrades at the end.

My advice to myself, if I was in your situation, would be to have patience and see where the following year or so takes the pond. I do not have endless funds, nor endless back muscles, to tackle every "potential" problem.

You have sustainably wreaked havoc on that hole in the ground and may find that takes care of itself without the extra money and effort.

On the flip side, a more dedicated pond meister will find advice on these forums for steering a BOW in every way possible. I look forward to reading those suggestions as they are added to your thread.

I can say that rock (rip rap) at the shore line will greatly reduce the muddying of the water due to wind and wave action, but your pond has not gotten to full pool yet and I would hesitate to rock the whole pond.
Just my thoughts which were not derived from experience,

Fish on!,
Noel