Originally Posted By: TGW1
Pat, I suspect we are getting close to the spawning season of BCP. It won't be long from now when our water temps will be in the 58 to 68 range. My fishing experience tells me they might move up pretty soon. I am not sure how they will react to the full moon this coming Feb. 19th but it would not surprise me if spawning takes place then as the water warms up after a couple of our 70 degree days. So, do you think adding shallow cover, like cedars along the shoreline, would help survival of the fry? I added 9 brush piles along the shoreline at my pond and it did help out with the bg survival and I would think it might do the same with bcp fry. Maybe thicker cover instead of standing timber might help the fry survival?

What I can gather about BCP fry is that they move out into open water as soon as they are off the nest. If that is the case then the yoy LMB are probably decimating them at some point. I wish the gurus would weigh in
So far this winter I have only caught a few in deep water right on the bottom. We will see when they start to move in to shallow water. They are hard to pattern

Last edited by Pat Williamson; 01/29/19 09:52 AM.