Originally Posted By: TGW1
I used to like snow skiing and things like that. But these days I prefer our weather, even though we can get a few colder days here on the La and Tx border. Seems like older I get the less I like putting on layers of clothes.

This winter I just hope to keep my TFS living in the pond. And that means it needs to stay warmer than 42 on the bottom of the pond. I have wondered if running the well water would keep the water a little warmer. Well should produce around 1/2" of water across the pond.

If I recall correctly, well water typically has a temp of around 62-67*f, so it would definitely help warm your pond.

However, it would have to be oxygenated prior to injection since well water has no oxygen. Then theres a question of turnover with warmer water gathering on top. Eventually the volume of added warmer water may create a turnover condition.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm with this next significant weather event passing thru. They're saying we may see snow here in the deep south.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!