I'm no expert, YEEH, but I do feed my fish Optimal. It is one of the most expensive feeds, so obviously I feel the nutritional value is better than most. However, Purina makes good feeds as well. Either should work well for you.

Based on my experience, I'd say to begin feeding when water (not air!) temps hit 60 or a bit higher. Start in the afternoon when things warm up, as fish are more active then. Later in the heat of summer switch to morning and late evening.

It may take a while for the brim to figure out what's going on, so don't get discouraged if nothing much happens for a couple of weeks. They'll get it eventually! Just don't feed much until they do.

How long? Let the fish tell you. If they finish the feed in less than 5 minutes, feed more. If feed is left over after 10 or 15 minutes, feed less.

One benefit of feeding is the sheer fun of watching them eat. What a blast!

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160