Hey Snipe,
The only definitive number I can give you on any species swimming in the pond are the LMB, which is 3. I bucket stocked them after the spawn from local water at 12-13". The rest is purely speculative, since I only stocked a few dozen (combined) BG, WM,and RES. BG are definitely the most populous. I wouldn't be surprised if their numbers were in the 1000's, with the vast majority being less than 3". Next would be GSF with numbers possibly being near 1000 ranging from 9" (very few) down to 1". My BH population is minimal, maybe 50 tops as they didn't fare well with their spawn. Never saw a single fry. While crappie are present, I've only caught two so far. The remainder are RES, WM and a sampling of longear.

I want this to be a panfish pond with quality, but not necessarily trophy, class fish. The bass, greenies and bullhead do a decent job of predation on the BG during warm months, but since they're warm water friendly, they're not hitting the small BG they way I want them to now that it's cooled off.

The SAE, if my thinking is correct, would benefit greatly during these colder periods and help keep the balance more in check, and give my bigger panfish better opportunity to get bigger.

I was considering only 6 or so, no more than 12, but getting the size fish I would need to stock in the fall (6-8") may be problematic. I have no idea when these fish spawn or how fast they grow in the first year, but with LMB pushing 14" in residence, predation on the SAE needs to be considered as well. The bass would be the only serious threat to the SAE, tho.

Please feel free to correct my thinking if I'm off base. I've been known to get a little OCD at times.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!