Originally Posted By: NEDOC
Snipe, I'm not doubting your accuracy on that info but was curious as to if you have links to any of the above info or if that is all just first hand info on your part. I find this all very fascinating. With availability it seems like this could be an excellent pond management fish.

Edit: I'd love to study their impact on common carp!

Nothing is published from KS on this.. I have worked with the Biologist that I believe has more experience with this fish than anyone. He has a compilation of data for dept use but we don't get to read that in public fora.. But I have access to that data, and I've seen it in action, first-hand. I've been able to work side by side to see the results for just over 20 years now-on the SAE program.
I need to take the time and see if my Bio will set down with me and give me some specifics I can share on data points on this. He'll be here on Thursday for a community lake project I'm involved with and I'll see what I can drag out of him as far as any help with other sources. If we could get at least enough to do 3-4 private pond situations, the data may be enough to promote some individuals raising other fish to pursue the Saugeye. Only a thought, as I know my numbers will be limited but enough for a couple of guys to try out.