Originally Posted By: MNFISH2
Originally Posted By: DrLuke
So awesome! I can imagine it would be tough to quantify the DO rise for the whole body of water, but could you tell any 'practical' impact on fish survival? Or did you get any formal data (net or seine survey, shock survey, et al) on fish number and class sizes?

This may be proprietary info, so if so, just ignore me. Thanks for sharing what you have!

We did quite a bit of DO testing along with the mechanical iterations. And as you might expect, it was difficult to eliminate variables to produce solid test data. We did, however, discover how important open water is to aerating a highly Eutrophic pond. The compressor pushing the bubbles does very little as compared to the ambient air to water interface.

I think that is such an important point, that I personally almost forget. The oxygen diffusion into the water occurs AT THE SURFACE. I'll generalize but say, we all love seeing the 'boil' of the aerator, but it's not the bottom or bubble column where the magic is happening.

Do you feel like it improved over winter survivability, in any way that you could tell or measure?

"Politics": derived from 'poly' meaning many, and 'tics' meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.