Your pond is about the same size as mine in surface acre size, but that may be the only similarity. How deep is your pond? Mine is a bowl with steep tapering sides down to 11 feet at full pool. Mine is also watershed where yours is apparently stream fed (haven't seen an answer to this previously asked question). I'm also in the deep south, so my pond gets considerably warmer.

My pond was one of those that fish "miraculously" appeared. Initially GSF and BH took root. Then we got flooded by Harvey rains and we've since found RES,CP, BG and RBSF. I've personally bucket stocked adult BG, RES, WM and 3 LMB.

I hand feed pellets and can say I now have a mix of several hundred panfish and I can tell you this, the GSF,BH,WM and LMB keep the BG in check pretty well. I have caught panfish up to 9 inches so far and one 11 inch CP. I've also caught hybrids of BG/WM and BG/GSF.

In my personal opinion, you cant go wrong with BG and GSF (tho many will argue against GSF). LMB can survive in cool water, but SMB may be a better choice for your location. I have yet to spend a dime on fish, and I catch fish almost any time.

Btw...my pond just turned 2.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!