Been gaining significantly for the past 6 weeks or so. A lot of brush clearing in the forest is paying off, there are new areas of runoff flowing into the pond. Up perhaps four feet. Still have trickles coming in from the woods. another 18 to 24 inches and we'll see how the primary overflow works!

I'm living at the pond now so I can see the runoff as it happens. Lawn areas are immediately productive and drain within minutes. I have decent Bermuda grass to manage erosion.

Forest areas must saturate, perhaps over several rain events, but then they start steady flows down each small wash. These flows may run for a week or more this time of year.

One forested hill along the pond is sand. All year it has a water table perhaps 15 feet above pond level. It seeps all year. A hole dug, even well above the pond will fill slowly. It's nice this time of year as a good looking green moss has filled in large patches and it looks great from the house.

My take away is that watershed, like our pond, is a much more complex system than most people think.

4 acre pond 32 ft deep within East Texas (Livingston) timber ranch. Filled (to the top of an almost finished dam) by Hurricane Harvey 9/17. Stocked with FHM, CNBG, RES 10/17. Added 35lbs RSC 3/18. 400 N LMB fingerlings 6/18