Funky,
Please keep us posted on the forum on how this turns out and what you locate as you keep searching. There are a few MI pond owners on the forum. I'm in the greater Grand Rapids area.

I drove to Laggis fish farm in the spring to get YP. I understand that the owner gets them from good brook stock outside of MI. That may limit what size classes he has. Mine were probably better described as 3-5" with a FEW 6" but no solid 5-7" options. He is in the far SW corner of MI (Gobles, MI). I'm sure you checked Imlay City fish farm and I'm not sure what others are by you.

As for shiners I could probably seine net dozens of large shiners for you come warm weather, but you would have to have some type of aeration setup for the trip back home (a cheap aquarium bubbler might be sufficient with cold water). Is there a size that you need to avoid predation?

I just got golden shiners from a local baitshop, bought a wholesale priced bag when the bait supplier came around. The bait shop owner was nice enough to call me when they arrived and since it was close I just took the Oxygen bag home and conditioned in my pond. I had no predators at the time so they have multiplied from a few to thousands with no issues.

As for PS, let me know what you find out. I'd love to put some in my pond, but I think the only way that will happen is if I transplant from another source or pond owner nearby. I wonder why there are few (or none!) fish farms in MI that I know of that stock RES or PS. It seems that MI ponds deserve the advantages of snail control and the unique qualities of RES and PS relating to their natural population control qualities.