It got down to 14 degrees overnight last week just northeast of the St. Louis area and our ponds are looking good. We raised the depth early in the Spring of 2018 by about 2 feet in one pond and about 3 feet in another but they did not fill as last year (2017) was very dry and all ponds spent the second half of the year well below the "old" full pool level.

I decided to leave the battery in the TX Hunter LM-135 that we have set up this winter after taking it inside last winter. I spoke to Cody at TX Hunter and he recommended that I set the feeder to run for 10 seconds in the middle of each day just to keep the motors running a little and prevent debris or critters from getting up into the blower hole. Makes sense to me. Giving it a try.

Drove around all three ponds that are currently under management and looked at a fourth we are considering paying more attention too next year. Need to add quite a bit more brushy cover in the 1.5 acre BOW we have been managing for the last 2+ years as well as add a few 5X3 Georgia Cubes. Some issues will need to be addressed, of course, at all three BOWs so my "to do" list is sitting at about the max of what I can reasonably expect to accomplish during 2019.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year. May all your pond dreams come true in the coming year. BM61.

Last edited by bassmaster61; 12/24/18 11:40 AM.