Thanks jpsdad

The few BG HBG I catch are around 8". I am going off memory as I haven't caught any since I started my pond journal. All the HBG that I have ever caught were naturally occurring as I have never bought any fish to put in the pond. About 5 yrs ago I started taking out all LMB and BCP that I caught and put back all others. I would fish around the neighborhood and all BG GSF CC BH that I caught I put in my pond. This year I started keeping all LMB CC and any large enough to eat GSF HBG. Basically anything with a big mouth. I have continued to add the previously mentioned fish. This year we started catching some big CC so I see where that is a problem. The problem I have is that I don't fish it enough. My pond went neglected for almost 20 yrs with just occasional fishing. Now I been working on it and fishing it a lot more. I have just got to catch more fish and get more data in my journal. This forum is been a wealth of info and continues to be. I really appreciate all the responses and the knowledge that everyone has passed on. My goal is to catch lots of fish mainly BG GSF so the grandkids can have some fun. I don't want that cricket in the water over a minute without something getting it. I have thrown some crickets out and I didn't see anything get em so something is out of wack. One of my buddies told me about a fishing trip they made and a cricket got out of the boat and was headed for a log about 25' away. They was watching to see if it made it, it did so they left cause there couldn't have been any BG in there. I don't want any cricket to feel safe in my pond.

Nothing like seeing your bobber bobbing.
1 acre pond with LMB BG GSF BH CC and whatever else I can find
Not after trophies I just like catching and eating fish
Buddy R Hill

I Subscribe