According to my rain gage this morning, our total came to 5.75". The wife had to drive thru flooded roads to get to work yesterday morning. The pond has been full all fall, and it got a major flushing Saturday morning. The water level was about a foot over the yard on the discharge side of the pond. I'm hoping I didn't lose too many fish. I've heard larger fish will tend to go deep and ride the event out. Fingers crossed. My little paddle wheel pontoon was on the bank on the opposite side of the pond from where I'd left it beached. Have lost some visibility, guessing it to be around 12" this morning. I'd say this is only the first of several flushes itll get before the summer dry spell hits us again.

This was almost exactly the kind of event that filled the pond...almost to the day, two years ago. It was less than half full then at 11 feet deep.

I'm seriously considering building a temporary fence system on the overflow side, made from 1/2" poly fence material and grade stakes, to keep my bigger fish contained during these flash flood events.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 12/09/18 10:55 AM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!