Here is a thought I had. In my pond, the lmb in the size range requested, are usually caught off structure in the deeper water. The smaller sized lmb are caught nearer the shore. That is two different types of locations. An exception would be during the spawn where I have caught a few larger lmb in shallower water or near a feeder that is throwing into deep water. And when I bg fish or feed the bg I will see or catch the smaller bg in the shallower water and not so much in the deeper water. The larger lmb that hang in or near deeper water may be feeding on larger bg. I base this on me catching my largest bg in that deeper water or nearer to the deeper water. I know larger lmb will move up to feed but I also know they may not move up and will feed in the deeper water if there is a place for them to ambush their prey. For me, deeper water structure = larger lmb and larger bg. Pond designs can or might make a difference in what sized prey a lmb might use with keeping in mind mouth gape size.

They ponds mentioned were not described and I would think a pond where there is little structure and or cover could influence the size and numbers of bg. The bg were never allowed to grow larger because of harvest and there was no place for them to hide from the predators. Leaving mostly 3 to 4" bg.

I need to measure the depth of my 6" bg because to me a 6" bg is not all that big and could easly be swallowed by a 4 to 5 lb lmb.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy