Originally Posted By: Bham
So I lucked into getting a 4 acre pond dug on my farm for free. Long story short, a company needed dirt, I wanted a pond, we made a trade.

Now on to the build.

The dig has started and should be 4 acres in surface area and 12-14 foot deep. I'm gonna have them put an island in the middle with some of the left over top soil they don't need.

My goal is to make this an incredible bass pond. I've got some ideas but would love your help to make it happen!

What would you do?

Bham, I also made an island & enjoy fishing around it. However, due to fear of poachers I did not make any peninsulas, and now regret. You might consider building a few of them for fishing, including underwater points with some type of sunken brush, trees, and/or rocks for hot spots.

Also, if you want good LMB fishing they will need to eat BG. Lots and lots of BG, as it takes ten pounds of BG to make one pound of bass. Be sure to get several good spawning areas built with pea gravel in depths ranging from 6 inches to several feet. I'd also advise you to do something I did not, which is put pretty dense cover around spawning areas so newly hatched BG don't get gobbled up before they have a chance to put on weight.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160