Originally Posted By: DrLuke

Thanks for walking me through the math! You actually answered my question before I even asked it, I just didn't realize it! I love the depth of knowledge people bring to the forum. I also think this thread is extremely interesting, in that it potentially challenges (and perhaps updates) prior management strategy. I know, I'll wait and see what the data says, but pretty exciting concept!
I added LMB to my pond in Oct 2017 (as corrective stocking), and my personal management plan doesn't call for start of harvest yet. But when I do, I'll be happy to add some data.

Most welcome Dr. Luke.

To be sure, I can't take credit for the concept of removing larger sizes of BG. Chunting's clubs were doing this decades ago and while this regional management method seems to have been widely known by the local private managers and their members, it also seems to have been a widely kept secret or now forgotten lore. It was Chunting's remarks that got me to asking the question and so I totally agree about how there is so much to learn here.

Thanks for offering to add to the data! As I compile it, I'll update in synopsis and also detailed form and share with all.

Last edited by jpsdad; 12/05/18 07:30 PM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers