Originally Posted By: TGW1
Eric brought up some possible problems when adding FT LMB to an existing fish pond where feeding the fish did not exist. And possible problems with fish population balance. I can see that. But for me the additions of FT LMB was for introducing northern genetics to an existing Florida strain lmb/bg pond. Improving the bite is the goal and I needed some lmb in or near the same size. The only ones that were available were feed trained. So, I stocked them 6 months ago. I feed them aquamax lmb feed and they are feed right beside the TH feeders that feed my cnbg. My attempt to improve their adjustment to a new home where the natural food (bg) was right there where they get the artificial food. I try to hand feed the lmb at or around the same time the feeders throw MVP to the bg. I can say the FT lmb are really looking good. RW are above 100% and very healthy looking and are easier to catch on rod and reel. I am very happy with my Florida Lonestar legacy lmb but they can be harder to catch sometimes.

We fin clipped the FT lmb making it easier to recognize them.

I would expect good results (for your goals) from your approach as you are feeding. I have seen this work many times and it has worked in controlled studies.