Originally Posted By: bassmaster61
Eric's info is kind of a bummer since the studies show that stockers are not very good at getting on natural forage.

bassmaster61,

just a couple of thoughts.

Based on the feed rate and the gain of the your FT LMB, I would think a portion of the feed has been going to BG. Also, if your FT LMB are not foraging, you would need to increase feed to keep them growing. Long term, I would think some would adapt to forage particularly if you maintain the current rate of feed. Those that do not adapt might begin to develop less RW than those foraging which might cue you as to which to cull. Or you might increase feed rates to keep them growing. Don't know much about feeders capablilities but if you could feed large pellets that most BG would have difficulty swallowing, this might help ensure that the food adds weight to the LMB.

Quote:
We will see what happens in our pond. Feeding fish is an experiment for us and if we start catching a decent number of large stockers on standard tackle next year I will consider it a success. But just in case, I am tying a few flies that look like Aquamax MVP pellets.....BM61.

I think LMB might respond similarly to CC. When feed is curtailed for a short period, they might bite more readily.

Last edited by jpsdad; 11/26/18 04:47 PM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers