Flame, I went through a similar situation last year. I asked Bill Cody for a water analysis and he came up with high numbers of detritus. But I had also added a microb to eat excess nutrients earlier in the year after returning from the PB Conference. This product had a green die also. And the water had a puki ugly green color, mistaking it for a bloom. I also discovered around that time that microbs can bloom or produce excess amounts of microbs. If I understood Bill Cody, it was hard sometimes to distinguish between microbs and detritus, so I never was sure what the actual problem was other than my water visibility sucked. So, what did I do? The pond was low all summer due to extreme drought and I figured if it was detritus the diffusers were kicking it up off the bottom. I reduced the run time and raised the diffusers 21" off bottom and that put the bubblier some 30" off bottom. I also treated the pond with alum/lime to reduce excess phosphates which I believed were high due to fertilization along with feeding. One or both of the changes I made cleared up the water to 36" for awhile and the water has been stable since with 24 to 26" olive green water. Hope this helps. Pat not sure u have diffusers but maybe water is high in phosphates.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy