1st - I know that standard aeration does not add much O2 to the water via the bubbles produced at the diffuser. I understand the bulk of the work is done during the exchange at the air water interface.

2nd - I am not sure an O2 concentrator would be helpful to anyone besides folks at high altitude like me (10,000').

Standard "air" is only made up of 20% O2. Supposedly the "air" that comes out of an Oxygen concentrator is 90-95% O2. They have O2 concentrators that will produce 10 liters per minute of flow. You can buy these devices used on eBay for a significant discount. I do not know how much O2 is in my air at 10,000' but I know it is less than 20% so I am always fighting an up hill battle with DO levels with one arm behind my back. I am interested in exploring all possibilities for help.

Here is my question. What kind of impact would an O2 concentrator have if it was hooked up to the intake of the compressor that runs the aeration at our place? Is the reason the bubbles only have a small direct impact on raising DO because they are produced from air that contains 20% or less O2? Would this not be similar to fish transporters using bottled oxygen to keep DO up when they move fish?

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management