The only real advantage to injecting air into the water supply is that its adding a minimal amount of 02 to the water you're pumping into the pond. If it's well water, then that's a good thing as well water has very little to no O2. If your pumping from a creek or spring, then your water inflow may have ample O2 already without air infusion.

The venturi won't do much for creating an increased O2 level as water needs to come in contact with the pond surface, where it absorbs oxygen. That's why a diffuser system is much more efficient as it pushes water to the surface.

Regarding your FA issue, I've never heard of aeration reducing the nutrient load, so its likely not going to benefit you much there. You have to reduce the load or find something (other plant growth, etc.)to use it up so the FA basically starves out, or introduce something (tilapia, grass carp) to eat it. I've run aeration at a rate of approximately 2 complete turnovers a day all summer, and still have FA...just saying.

Just my very uneducated 2 cents.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!