I appreciate the feedback.

From what information I could find on Shore-Klear Plus it would be great for my situation. Thanks for telling me about it. It is available at TSC, but almost twice the price as Amazon. It calls for 2.6 gallons per acre for spatterdock. So I believe I'll just apply one gallon on a 1/3 acre section first and see the results. I don't want to remove all of the spatterdock, but just make the area easier to fish. With the plants being highly interconnected as you mentioned, it should not take as much chemicals to reach my desired amount of vegatation. After using Daft Logic's Google Area Calculator my whole spatterdock covered area is only about 3/4 of an acre instead of an acre so this application of Shore-Klear should cover about half that area.

I remember seeing some spatterdock in the middle of your old refurbished pond when I visited your ponds. I remember thinking it was odd that it was growing in the middle of your pond, but I guess that area being an under water hump explains why it was growing there.

I would have to agree the roots of the spatterdock are huge. I've used a Weed Razer that my dad made to cut out the spatterdock and I was impressed with how big the roots are.

3 acre strip pit: BG, RES, LMB and BCP.