Originally Posted By: snrub
Seasonal weather can be a real challenge building a pond. In our area starting a pond in the fall I would want a good weather forecast long enough for completion. For us early summer starting into the dry summer season is the best time to get good weather for pond building.

Good luck on your "hurry up and wait"!

Here is one of my threads on my pond building efforts to whet your apetite while waiting. grin

my RES/SMB pond build

My plan is to get the test holes dug soon just to confirm the soil is even good for a pond build. I believe it is based on web soil survey and some top soil samples I took but of course the true test hole will be the deciding factor.

As for the actual pond construction, I'm wanting to try for late winter or really early spring before it really starts to rain so possibly early to mid March??

Again, this is my first pond so I will likely be going with the guidance of my pond builder and any info I obtain from these forums. It would be nice to have the pond completed and hopefully close to full pool by the end of summer 2019.

Thinking of stocking RES and possibly some SMB thanks to your thread snrub. That seems to be a decent combo in a small pond.

Last edited by Keaton72; 11/06/18 01:03 AM.