Originally Posted By: Bing
Congratulations on your new home (and on your Birthday). Where is the new home ? Urban or rural ? Potential pond site ?

Come see us sometime.

Fred, the home is in unincorporated ST Louis County real near Page and Lindburgh. It is an "earth contact" style home with only the roof peak visible from the road. The home was built in 1983 and still had all the original flooring and wall coverings (paneling and veneer board) The kitchen and main bath were redone, but badly! LOL Bathroom doors opened into the hall and bedroom, with ceramic tile extending into the hallway also. The FIRST thing I did was install an I-beam under a 10 foot unsupported open section. I took the flooring (old linoleum, tile and glued on carpet) down to bare concrete, fully gutted both bathrooms and most walls are down to studs. I am adding some walls along concrete and some short extensions under the I-beam. I am having about half the floor Poly-jacked to fill voids under the concrete floor due to poor soil and drainage gravel compaction..It came with a nice Cal-Spa hot tub in a sunroom, brand new Kenmore Duet Steam washer and dryer, a super nice convection 6 burner oven, and my fave...a 2400 square foot separate work shop and garage insulated building, a 2010 Kawasaki Mule model 4010, a new 24" snowblower, 8hp garden tiller and a 60" cut Toro commercial ZTR with only a 29hp Kawasaki water cooled engine, bagger and only 200 hours on it.

Cathy and I both wrinkled our noses when we first looked at the place, but agreed, with some sweat (mostly mine) and a reasonable budget, it had LOADS of potential! The yard is 1.25 level acres with the rest in massive hardwood timber surrounding the property (30-40" diameter White Oaks with some walnut, hickory and maples). It was an awesome find with a rural, secluded setting in the heart of an urban area! (and cheap!!!)