I think Hartleys is a good source of fish. Another positive is the fish will be raised and acclimated specifically for your latitude.

I know Bob Lusk told me in the distant past he has bought a lot of fish from Hartleys back before he had closer sources. Bob told me Hartleys was one of the pioneers in the early fish seller days and he learned a lot from Bus Hartley about handling and hauling fish when he was a young fisheries biologist. Bob told me to get my SMB from Hartleys.

Hartley Fish Farm

His sons run the operation now.

My SMB for my RES/SMB pond came from Hartleys as they are one of the few suppliers of SMB. I also had them bring 100 LMB for my sediment pond that I have recently been catching and transferring to my main pond and those fish seem to have done fine. Actually it was Jerry Hartley and a younger fella I forget the name who delivered the fish.

I suspect at least some of my original stocking fish for my main pond that I got through Wallace Fish Farm came from Hartleys but am uncertain of that.

I thought those might be Northern crayfish but that is why I ask. I believe that is a native species for both our areas.

Thread on types of crayfish

PDF download Crayfisn in Kansas

Last edited by snrub; 10/20/18 01:06 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine