Hi all. Thought I would start a photo diary thread on my potential pond construction to maybe help anybody else out on the road to having a pond. I will try to avoid asking direct questions in this thread, but if any of the pros see something that is out of place or want to give advice I am all for it. I will also try to update as quickly as possible.

So a little background first. I live outside of a small farming community in NW Ohio. We bought the house almost 2 years ago and love having the 2.5 acres to play with. However, our side yard is pretty large and we really don;t do much with it so I thought a pond would be great. We are thinking 1/4 to 1/2 acres depending on price and what not.

So far all I have is a soil sample I took a few days ago from only about 1 foot down. I do have my pond builder coming out next week to dig true test holes but I have attached the picture of my mason jar test. I will keep everyone updated on the construction the best I can. We are aiming for early March to break soil.

Attached Images
IMG_1019.PNG
Last edited by Keaton72; 11/05/18 05:22 AM.