Here’s the problem with crappie. They have big spawns and they spawn early. Hybrid stripers don’t spawn. No way they can keep up with the crappies in a pond your size. I think it will be a disaster.

Run it by Bob Lusk. He has a YouTube program on Wednesday night. His feeling is to never stock crappies in less than about 25 or more acres. But, I recall something he told me about a 50 or so acre private lake that had 4 inch, paper thin, 5 or so year old crappies. Bass couldn’t keep up with them so augmented with hybrid strippers. Call and ask him.

BTW, I’m kinda facing the same problem. During a drought, my 1.5 acrepond dang near dried up. I lost almost all of my bass but not the bluegills. The bass haven’t made much of a come back so I stocked a dozen hybrid strippers. But, I now have an awful lot of bluegills and I’m worried about an O2 crash due to having too many bluegills. Been there, done that about 20 years ago. Essentially, I have too much prey base and not enough predators so have an out of balance pond. I think you will too.

But, I could be wrong. According to my Wife, I usually am.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 10/18/18 05:20 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP