We've had about the same change in temps down here in SW LA. Down 20 degrees from yesterday with a high of 63 today. Surface temps yesterday were 80*. I called the wife from work and had her unplug the pump so it wouldn't run its cycle today. Even with the cold rain and temps, without the aeration, surface temps today only dropped to 74.

My visibility has been slowly getting less and less over the past week or so, which I believe has been due to a late season bloom. Without the aeration today, I'm seeing a green scum starting to surface and I noticed that "smell" that usually accompanies algae on my hands when I retrieved the thermometer. Hoping its not BGA, but my luck aint that good.

One more thing...I discovered painted turtles will eat lanceleaf arrowhead. I've got one plant which is now in about 2 foot of water with full pool. I kept seeing the stalks moving around oddly so I just stood by it, watching to see if I could see what was causing it. Sure enough, up comes a painted turtle. About half the plant is now gone. Broken stalks floating where they'd been chewed off.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!