They are calling for .1-.5” today then sunny rest of the week.

The pond has come up almost 4” since Friday morning, right now it is just ground “springs” filling it up. The neighbors call them springs because they leech a lot of water during wet periods but they were absolutely dry during this drought. There are probably 2 dozen of those spots up hill from the pond and one large below our pond before the neifghbors pond. I don’t think that is a spring, we have zero rock in our soil, when excavated the house not one rock was found. We had 5-6’ of top soil then pure clay below that. My belief is water saturates through the top soil then finds ways to poke out once it hits the clay layer.

Fished this morning and the BG were hitting the pellet food really hard, but not too much on live worms, only caught a half dozen of them and one bass. The Hybrid BG sure are getting big, they all all 2” or more wide. All the fish I stocked this spring look very healthy and I see a wide range of size of BG when I feed them. The BG seemed to have moved into the gravel areas I put in during the drought. They liked that area before I just lined the whole bottom with free playground gravel.