Every year has been different for me when trying to catch Tp. When I had a lot in the pond I could catch them on beaded fly. But, when I had large numbers of them in the pond and when they started to slow down due to colder weather, I would see all kinds of birds and animals feed on them at the pond. A Bald Eagle even took up residence close by that year and feed on them daily. Today, with lower stocking numbers, I would use a cast net if I wanted to catch them. I may not catch a lot of them but based on last year I think I could catch enough to have a meal or two. And I want them before they get stressed because they have had a gross looking fungus on them just before they went (or go) belly up.

Frank, Power Bait makes a rubber type 5" minnow bait that my hsb will tear up. Sorry but I can't think of the name right now. There are several different ways to rig it up. You can rig it up like a weight less jerk bait or Carolina style, using a small weight about a foot or two above the hook and bounce it off the bottom. Look for them in the plastic worm section of bass pro shop in Bossier. I like them because they catch fish and they only have one hook verses other minnow type baits that usually have two sets of treble hooks. Most any shad looking type bait works well. And if you are into fly fishing then try streamer type baits and other types for catching them on your favorite fly rod.

Last edited by TGW1; 10/13/18 06:56 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy