Welcome to the club Keaton!

I think you will find plenty of options for a small pond as far as fish stocking goes. Some folks find it difficult to combine the swimming and stocking fish components, however. I'm not saying that it won't work by no means, but catfish tend to muddy a pond and blue gill and/or hybrid blue gill tend to nip at swimmers. It's my opinion that these types of fish best suit a smaller pond. I have stocked HBG, HSB, and RES and am incredibly impressed with the HSB, if I ever have to start over in the pond, I may just do the stripped bass with a stock, grow, remove and restock program...we'll see.

A couple concepts that you will learn pretty quick is that bass (LMB) tend to overpopulate a pond too quickly and the fish can run out of food and suffer growth stunting. Blue gill (BG) can do the same thing. The balance is what we are all after so read, read, read, and ask questions. I'm sure you can develop a pond plan by spring.

Be prepared to test your patience, however. Ponds will take there time to develop and mature. I say this with the first year in mind. I am a true believer that stocking forage fish in the pond for the first year all by themselves. I did it due to advice here at PB and give my first years growth of my stocked fish 90% credit to the massive amounts of forage minnows (FHM) that were available. It was very difficult to not stock the game fish right out of the gate.

Another piece of advice...start a log thread for your pond. Refrain from asking questions in it if you can so that it turns out to basically be a diary of your progress. I wish I had started one when I broke the old dam and started refurbishing the old pond.

Anyhow, before you get the idea that we, here at PB, are all long winded, I'll stop because it's just me (and a few others with the gift.)

Fish on!,
Noel