Hi. New here and was wanting to get some info on various aspects of maintenance a pond and what o expect before during and after construction. So a little background. My wife, three children and I have been living in our current home for almost 2 years and love it. Quiet farm house on 2.5 acres about 2 miles outside of a small farming community in west central Ohio. I have always loved the way ponds look on a property if well taken care of vs. a pool of any kind and enjoy fishing and the wildlife they bring in.

So I have never lived on a property that had a pond so I know next to nothing as far as taking ca of one which is why I joined this forum for future questions. Basically, my side yard to the west of me is about 3/4 acre and I am wanting a small 1/4 acre pond for recreational purposes and possible fishing (not sure what fish work well with this size of pond yet).

I have gotten some quotes ranging from $4500 up to $10,000 all depending on clay content. Hope to learn a few things and prepare myself for the upcoming construction.

Last edited by Keaton72; 10/09/18 10:49 PM.