I promise you, she'll be fine.

A buddy and I were practicing for a tournament many years ago. I made a cast up by a dock with a plastic worm and almost immediately got bit. I must have had a nick in my line because I broke off 14# test on the hook set.

My buddy immediately casts right back into the same spot and gets bit again. When he boats the fish and goes to remove his worm he asks what color worm I'm using and I tell him. He looks at me and says " this is your fish bro!" Sure enough, my worm was wadded up at the base of the fish's throat. We removed the worm and left the hook in its gullet.

3 days later, we're competing in the tournament and pull up to that dock. I pitch my worm into the same spot and BAM, fish on! When we landed the fish and I took my hook out, right there in the back of this 3# bass' mouth was my 2/0 hook. It was almost completely rusted thru and didn't hinder her need to eat at all.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!