Agreed Corey - of the Esox NP have the least warm water tolerance, then TM, then Muskie. Makes sense when you review a map of their native ranges - NP are common from Northern NE all the way up to the Artic, but Muskies Northern range, like SMB, seem to end about 50-100 miles over the CA border. I have read about Muskies in TN and KY reservoirs which also host SMB populations and they routinely grow into the 40-50 LB range. If I were stocking TM into a small BOW in KS I'd set my aeration diffusers in 3/4 max depth in order to allow a thermocline to establish and provide cool water refuge during the dog days of Summer while still allowing for the benefit of aeration. I harbor concerns depending on Esox species to manage LMB populations as they will also hammer other species - I'd recommend angling to cull/manage LMB especially in a small BOW, it's easy to catch 25-50 LMB daily between a few anglers. TM aren't worth the risk due to the impact on entire fishery, IMO...plus fishing is a lot more fun!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]