Originally Posted By: Bill D.
A couple of pics of CC we've caught this summer. The little guy is one size class of recruits we've seen. We've also caught smaller.

These two ladies, one 5 lb+ and 1 6 lb+, have an interesting color pattern that I don't ever recall seeing before. Anybody seen CC with this "camo" pattern?

If we put CC in our holding pen and leave them a few days they will get that pale coloration I think from rubbing themselves on the plastic mesh and fighting. We have learned we can leave BG in the cage for quite some time with no ill effects but the CC over a couple days and they will get skin damage with eventual bacterial infection and die. We try not to leave CC longer than over night and clean them by no later than the next day because of this.

But to get to my point, by looking at the date posted, I wonder if the fish could have been nesting and getting the same type of skin coloration because of abrasion like I see when we have them in the cage. I do not know this to be the case, just an idea that might fit the time of year.

Last edited by snrub; 09/30/18 11:30 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine