Thanks Eric for your answer to my question. My thinking was the pure Florida grew larger than an F1 lmb. But I forgot about the old lmb record fish being part Fla and part native or northern.

Now, in my pond I went with Overton's Camalot Bell lmb, and with some of Todd Overton's Lonestar legacy lmb the following spring and then we added another strain of Florida lmb the next spring and then last spring we added pure northern lmb for creating my own F 1's next spring. The reason for all of this stocking was due to low catch rates but in all honesty the catch rates may have been due to the pure FLMB or due to high forage numbers. Catch rates have improved this past year. And most all of the RW's are pretty high on the lmb. The female RW's are way higher than the suspected males that are caught. I have seen RW's run 30% to 80% recently when weighing the 14.5" to the 17.5" ones we think are females. And today the forage count continues to remain high in the size the lmb need or the RW would be much lower, I would think. So, next spring we hope to see how the pure northern will influence the spawn with the FLMB producing our first F1 lmb.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy