Fortunately for me one local Purena dealer decided to stock Aquamax MVP. So now I can go up to the store and get what I need any time I need it. As long as they are willing to do that I want to patronize them. Plus the AM MVP at $42 a 50# bag is just more competitive priced than having feed shipped through the UPS. They also have bags of Game Chow and Catfish Chow but I do not use either of those (unless I have to).

I also feed a fair amount of Optimal but the AM MVP is definitely my core feed program. What I like about the Optimal is I can order small amounts and have it on my doorstep. If I order anything a little weird from Purena, like starter or AM400 or some other feed that no one else uses in the area, I might get it, might not, might be a month later. It is so unpredictable. So right now I have some Optimal Starter 4 I am feeding the recent YOY BG along the shore line, some BG - BG JR - Bass that I mix up and feed my SMB/RES pond with and some Optimal Hand Toss I try to entice my LMB but the biggest HBG and CC end up eating 99%. So the Optimal is very handy to get small orders of anything out of the ordinary that any local feed dealer would be crazy to try and stock (because most of it probably would sit and rot on their shelves).

So in the end I feed probably 75% Purena and 25% Optimal.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine