What to bring:

Yourself is the most important. Everything else is optional. Anytime after 9am. Lunch at noon and the party stops when the last person leaves or it gets dark (which ever comes first).

Your spouse or significant other is most welcome to come, even if they are not an avid pondmeister themselves. Inside air conditioned viewing if they get tired of hearing about "pond stuff".

If you want to bring something to share to eat at lunch that is fine but do not feel obligated to do so if it is inconvenient. The menu for lunch is pulled pork and pulled chicken, buns and fixins, with a side dish of mac and cheese. Cookies and Texas coco cake for desert. So if you want to bring something, bring something complimentary to those foods. Bottled pop and bottled tea (diet and regular) along with bottled water will be supplied to drink. If you want beer bring your own. All I ask is that you consume responsibly if you do.

In case of rain might want some rubber boots. We have all weather roads around three of the ponds and room to get in out of the rain for lunch so unless it just pours down rain, a little wet will not stop the party. But rubber boots to keep the grass from getting your feet wet around the pond would be good should the weather become inclimate. Should have a better idea of the weather and I will post the forecast a couple days before. Weather forecast Pittsburg, Kansas

Lawn chairs. We have a number of folding chairs so if you forget don't sweat it. But your own canvas folding chairs are probably a lot more comfortable.

Anything you might want to share with other pondmeisters in the way of projects, fishing, etc. I know Highflyer is planning on bringing his low power solar aeration creation and DO meter to demonstrate. I have a small cast net I can embarrass myself demonstrating and anyone can give it a try if they want. So if you have something you think others might be interested in, by all means bring it.

Fishing gear. I've got some home made cane poles you are welcome to use but I suggest you bring your own gear. I would really like people to show me the fish I am not catching. grin Get some good anglers that can show me what is really out there. Weather has moderated and water has cooled some and the water condition looks good. No live bait brought in from outside please (other than worms) but if you want to fish with live bait I have a cast net, minnow bucket and a forage pond full of GSH.

I'm going to ask people to take pictures. If you see a good shot of the gathering or somebody catches a memorable fish or anything interesting take a picture with your phone. At the event I will post my phone number and email address. Snap a picture and send it to me and then I can post some good pictures here on the forum later. I will try and remember to take some but if you all will help, the results will be much better.

All I can think of for now.

Edit: directions to my place link to an earlier post in this thread. Or if you are coming in from Joplin Missouri on 171 hwy this post gives those directions

Last edited by snrub; 09/15/18 08:32 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine