The fields around us rotate between corn and soybean and at the end of each season they till under the remains. The water coming in from these looks pretty good but before the level rose the water was a more normal green color. So either the sides of the pond with all the old matter colored the new water or the field water has a bit of color to it already in addition to all the mud that comes in with it. Possibly a combination of the two.

Right after the rains the water was definitely muddy and looked like coffee with milk in it. However that condition was gone in a couple of days and replaced by the tea coloration. The upper 4 feet of the pond had very little in the way of leaves except on the one end. I removed all that (filled a 30 gal trash can) while the water was down so far and things were dry.

Things will eventually clear some more but it may be Spring before it does. Perhaps the aeration will help speed up the process but I really don't know as I've only had it installed about a month.