My water cleared up significantly the last few days, so I'm able to see what's milling around down there pretty well as the fish are feeding. I've got an abundance of fry and minnows from 1/2 - 2" as well as a very diverse mix of sizes all the way up to 7 inches of both BG and GSF. My three LMB are cruising the shallows but dont really act like they're hunting, tho I'm sure they're eating well as they are really healthy looking.

I've read that LMB will eat an average of 3-4 Fish a day, so that's twelve 2-4 inch BG/GSF every day.

I'm hoping the GSF/BG will help out keeping the smaller forage in check, but I'm wondering if supplemental feeding is reducing the number of casualties on the yungins.

Would I be better off cutting back, or even stopping the daily feed program so the larger fish will be forced to hunt?

It's obvious they like the pellets, but if I was being supplied my dinner without having to work for it, I'd be one lazy sucker too!!

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 09/07/18 04:29 PM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!