Wow, do you need the rain?
Last week in total we got 9-10" of rain, with a big plunge during a bad storm on Tuesday night (lots of straight line winds, 5 tornados in mid MI but fortunately category 0 or 1) and then a little more on some subsequent fronts that came through.

Pond overflowed significantly (seems like these 100 year rains are happening about every year lately) The woods fills with water during overflow. No issue but I'm thinking having an overflow conduit would be nice just to direct it more quickly into the woods and where I want it. As it comes up it also flows into my front yard and due to the additional daily rain for a week the grass is dead by the time the water finds its way down into the soil.

Knowing what we have been talking about today about fish finding a way to swim out of ponds I looked in the puddles in the woods for any small fish and didn't see any. My small fish are mostly GSH minnows and they would have been pretty easy to spot due to the fact that they never sit still. No perch and no RES seen, perhaps because they prefer the bottom?

If only the goldfish would swim into the woods...