It has been a while since I've updated this because I really haven't done anything at the pond hahah - been busy around the house and working.

I've been sending my two oldest sons to the pond nearly every night to feed the fish but headed down myself over the weekend. We've had something like 10 inches of rain in the last week!

There are multiple trees down from super saturated ground and heavy straight line winds.

I have over a foot thick of new sediment (mostly sands) at the mouth of the primary creek! The outlet is running at full bore and the pond is still 8-10" above normal pool

The good news......I have HSB feeding!!!! I haven't seen these guys in so long but last night when I walked down to feed I saw a huge V heading to me from the far corner of the pond. It was a group of 10+ HSB that exploded on the surface once I tossed the first handful! I had a few LMB and a couple of BG mixed in during feeding 1.5lbs. The BH cleared up the rest.

some kind of bullrush has sprouted in the sediment

dead leaves are on the canopy of a fallen young oak - it is a shame and will be a royal pain to clear out

Two cottonwood branches that fell into the pond

there's a whole lot of suspended sediment in that water but it isn't bothering the fish or painted turtles any!

Last edited by Matzilla; 09/04/18 10:52 AM.

Mat Peirce
1.25 acre southeast Iowa pond
LMB, BG, YP, WE, HSB, RES, BCP