We had a thought that our pond was leaking down but with so much water around and a pump it has never been a problem....until.

The wheat came off the farm and the chaff blew into the pond. I know from the past that if I do not dose dye heavy right away the alga will get out of hand.

Double the dye and it is super blue I mean the crayfish are blue for a few days after molting. I happen to stop on the road and look into the creek that passes our farm and what the he!! the creek its blue.....doe.

I grab a white bucket and fill it with the water that is coming out of a 10" drain that passes our frontage and drains into the creek. Yep the bucket water was blue.

Call up my golfing buddy that is a plumber and ask about a camera. Found these guys to come and scope the 10" drain. $400 later we found an old clay 4" that looks to have run right through our pond. Marked it with GPS. The only water coming down the 10" at the time of the scope was from this 4" tile.

Today we dug up this 4" and it was running over half full from our pond into the creek. We dug up 20 feet of tile with a mini EX, and hand dug up the end heading to the pond to get out a full tile then rubber test plugged off the tile. Plugged it off where it entered the 10" so we don't get any back ups.

Long story long I will have an extra burshless 5500 gallon per hour pump to put on the water fall next spring.

Cheers Don.

Last edited by DonoBBD; 09/02/18 07:50 AM.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.