Hey guys. First post here although I have been reading through lots of the wealth of information available prior to registering.

I'm 2 years into a 1 acre tank on my family's ranch in South Texas and boy has it been a pain in the butt. We had a low spot (where all of the water runoff would end up and sit for a while) dug out to about an acre, 20 feet deep from high water line to deepest point. We had a solar well installed. But the damn thing has never held water. Hurricane Harvey hit us hard last year with at least 18" of rain. Pastures and culverts along the road were holding water for weeks; my tank was completely filled but was bone dry 3 days later. The soil in the area is a caliche/clay mix with some sand, which obviously isn't ideal. We had bids to bring enough clay to put down a 2' layer which came out to $100K (not happening). I have looked into tank liners that require 1' of "sediment free top soil" to be laid on top of it. The cost of the liner, soil plus transportation put me right back in that $100K range.

So now what I'm looking at now is a UV resistant "Aqua 30 Coext Geomembrane" liner that supposedly can be laid right on top of the soil and left exposed. Has anyone here had any experience with something like this? Can I expect to grow a decent fish population using this application?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 78703TX; 08/30/18 02:28 PM.