Tips by Rex earlier today.
Tip #1 Use the rubber stainless steel banded couplers at each joint on the Siphon pipe. The reason for this is to allow some flexibility in the Siphon pipe when it breaks siphon. If you only have glued joints and the joint broke underground you might have to dig up the entire pipe trying to find the leak. Let’s call it insurance. An example Rex told me about that most of you will be able to relate to is when there is air in your water pipes at home. When you hear and feel the hammer of air breaking through your pipes and faucets this is only 1/2” pipe. Now imagine that with a 6”+ siphon pipe. He also recommended painting rubber on each screw on the stainless steel bands because the screw is made of zinc and will quickly rust out.

Tip #2 Put a varmit guard on the outlet pipe on the backside of the dam. It should be spaced approximately 2” apart. If you want you can use rebar. The reasoning behind this is to keep raccoon size critters from crawling inside getting stuck and dying. I’m no raccoon lover but the major problem is if they die they swell up and completely block your Siphon pipe. In turn water could potentially run over the top and wash away your dam.

If you feel this information has been helpful pass it along. This system can be used anywhere as long as it is buried below the frost line wherever you may be located.

Thanks for the help Rex(Rainman) and like you said today as Bruce Condello once told you that “if you know more than 99% of the people around you, then you are an expert.” Rex if anything here is incorrect feel free to let me know.

As I stated before if you cannot read my handwriting I understand, sometimes I can’t read it either. If you need help just ask. The keyboard is much clearer!
God Bless,
Heppy

Last edited by Heppy; 08/30/18 01:23 PM.