This is a photo of my cheapo quickie system.

The scale is from Harbor Freight (on sale = 20$) and weighs up to 11 pounds. It was cheap and I had to take the first one back, it worked out of the box, but not when I needed it the first time. The tray is the bottom of a water cooler jug. Just about anything will work so long as it does not take too much away from the scale's capacity. I put 1 inch tick-marks in the bottom of the tray, but my fish have out grown it already, terrible problem to have so a measuring tape is now in use for the HSB.

I have seen some other systems here on PB that put mine to shame. They have long narrow trays made from pvc with measuring tape stickers in the bottom. I'm sure they will chime in soon.

My only real complaint is that the fish flop all over the place and it makes me want to conk them in the head...but that would defeat the purpose. Getting the scale turned on and tared, then getting the little buggars off the hook, off the ground, into the tray, back off the ground, back into the tray, take a picture of the fish, try to take a picture of the scale measurement, SHOOT! back off the ground, back into the tray......you get the picture!

Fish on!,
Noel