The first observation that I would like to enter is something that I saw today...A little background...

I bucket stocked crawdads from the creek behind the house all last summer. Some I trapped, some I caught with a net. All in all, I estimate that I put in about 300 crawdads (I stopped counting around 200). There were a few that where stocked that were about 4" long from tip of tail to tip of nose, but most were 1 to 2" long.

Today, I witnessed a few of those crawdads "coming out" to collect small feed pellets as they drifted towards shore. These guys were about 4 to 5 inches long and, at one point, two of them were fighting over the right to collect pellets from the large stone under the drain pipe. They were collecting the Optimal starter #4 pellets as fast as they could and stuffing them in their mouth just as fast. I hope the growth rates of the fish and crawdads due to the fish food rubs off on the deer around here!

Who would have thought that crawdads would feed train? I'll be looking for them more often and even throwing some feed closer to the shore just for them.

Attached Images
Feed Trained Crawdads.jpg

Fish on!,
Noel