Thanks.

FINALLY caught a RES out of this RES pond. Nice 7" female that has the classic RES snout and look.

The fingerling YOY SMB just kill me. Got to thinking maybe I was catching too many. But then I set in one spot on the pond and caught about 10 in a row. Ended up getting 20 in that bucket before taking them to my sediment and forage ponds then came back and got about 15 more. About 2/3 of them 3 to 4" and the rest 5-6". I'm thinking maybe the larger ones are from the smallest of the 4" stocked late last fall but I am unsure. I am sure the small ones are YOY.

I can catch the 4" ones one right after another. I figure many of the small ones will end up the same fate as a FHM and get eaten so I see little harm in removing a bunch and growing them out in another pond. I been putting the 4" ones in my forage pond where there are few predators and the 6" ones in my sediment pond where I do have some 10-11" LMB that were stocked as fingerlings last fall also. I caught one today at 11" and have been moving them to my main pond.

Everything caught today on a 1/64 oz jig with a pinch of Gulp Alive fake earthworm or green waxie

Attached Images
20180815_181018.jpg 20180815_144405.jpg 20180815_144431.jpg
Last edited by snrub; 08/15/18 09:52 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine