Tom, You are far better working on slowing the water loss rather than putting money into pumping more water in. My ground water pond was like yours although we lost maybe 1" a day. I had a few hundred into Soilfloc and problem is way better. There are some ways to make the soilfloc process go better and some timing and water condition decisions along the way TJ from this forum can help.

As for putting in a well I would not add a well at that cost if you are going to move. However there may be simple/lower cost ways to take your house well and improve that so that it can better service the house and the pond (for the new owners that is a plus as well)

If it is a submersed well and is on 220 you can change the impeller or the motor plus impeller and get much better flow. I can't imagine your house runs on 3gpm? so if you can get 5-10gpm then you can top off your pond with a long garden hose in about 72 hours. I do that from time to time and it is fairly simple. I have a dedicated line from the well main to the pond but I can't run my house when that is on so I sometimes just hook up a garden hose to limit the draw.

You could consider trenching a dedicated poly line from house to pond coming off your main well shaft which would get better flow than a garden hose and with a 220 well it will run full out with no resistance which is better for the well. you would have to run this option at night since house use of water is limited with the well going full bore down a big poly pipe down to the pond.

3rd option is a hand pounded stab well if you can hit surface water table say in the top 20 to 25 feet and use a jet pump to pump the pond up. this may not be huge quantity of water but again over a few days of pumping you can save costs and save electric use.

Jet pumps are $200 or less esp used ones, they run on 110 so trenching power to these would be easy and you can pound a point and 20' of 1 1/4" or even 1" pipe in yourself with little difficulty.

That would be the way I would approach it.

Last edited by canyoncreek; 08/15/18 11:25 AM.